.... Will your developer job be outsourced?  Unless you're a code
monkey, it probably won't.  But the broader point in this excellent
article is that our schools are a few years away from being 2nd rate
and many already are.

A Red Flag In The Brain Game
America's dismal showing in a contest of college programmers
highlights how China, India, and Eastern Europe are closing the tech
talent gap

Ben Mickle, Matt Edwards, and Kshipra Bhawalkar looked as though they
had just emerged from a minor auto wreck. The members of Duke
University's computer programming team had solved only one problem in
the world finals of the ACM International Collegiate Programming
Contest in San Antonio on Apr. 12. The winning team, from Saratov
State University in Russia, solved six puzzles over the course of the
grueling five-hour contest. Afterward, Duke coach Owen Astrachan tried
to cheer up his team by pointing out that they were among ``the best
of the best'' student programmers in the world. Edwards, 20, still
distraught, couldn't resist a self-deprecating dig: ``We're the worst
of the best of the best.''

http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_18/b3982053.htm