I would try calling back a few times. Whenever I have this problem if I call
back and get someone else they will give me the credit. If not I would escalate
this to a manager. I did this over the weekend for Chase credit card, I did a
balance transfer and they charged me a $50 fee to do it. Of course the
disclaimer was buried in the documentation which I didn't see, and I called in
to do it and was never told that I would be assessed a fee. So I flipped out.
Took the very angry customer route. I go through the whole gamut, here is my
steps.

1. Annoyed customer. Do not get beligerent with customer service because it was
not that person that made the mistake. Try to sort through problem resonably.

2. Mr. Mad Customer. If customer service will not meet me in the middle, not
even trying to get completely my way. This is where I point out the problems
with said problem. I argue how it was not clearly worded and that they made it
very difficult to realize that there would be a charge assesed.

3. Extemly Angry Customer. This is where I completely disregard customer
service person and ask to speak to a manager.

4. Your worst nightmare. Rarely do I have to go to this step. This is where
everything is taken to extremes. This is where I will cancel a service
regardless if it's the cheapest thing in town. This is where I file a BBB
complaint. This is where I write a letter to the company. You do not want to
get me to this point. Especially a technology company. My opinion matters with
people and you just pissed me off and I will never EVER recommend your service
to anyone else. So once I went through the first three steps in you scenario,
this step would be me calling Direct TV and getting satellite.

Bob