Actually more information came out.  The $500 model will also lack WiFi, the
multi-card reader (no compact flash, memory stick or SD cards) and no HDMI
port.

Also the motion sensitivity of the controller also means that the vibration
function is gone for good (apparently it hard to judge controller movement
when the controller is also wiggling on its own).  ;^)

All told it looks like the $600 model will be the one to get.  But I am VERY
glad that nothing required for gaming was left out of the cheaper one.  The
hard drive, wireless controllers and motion sensitivity are all standard on
all models.

Jim Davis