On 5/23/06, Gruss  wrote:

> There are those that view the current strategy as a "success" and I
> can see why they believe that.  And I also think there's a small
> chance their strategy will work.  It's not totally flawed.

The strategy is actually pretty good. What was a complete cluster fudge for
a couple of years was the implementation on the ground in Iraq.

My point is that, if this were a business, it would've gone bankrupt
> years ago.  The only reason it hasn't is because it's being subsidized
> by billions of US dollars.  I'll be shocked if we get our money back.
> As a shareholder, I'm opposing the strategy and I don't wish to fund
> it any longer.

Dude, where have you been for the last thirty years? GM should have gone
bankrupt years ago, but they are still fighting on. If you want to talk
about insitutional incompetence, just look at all the cars they made in the
80s. They were so bad that they actually came out and apologized to all of
their customers that bought those lemons back then.

As for getting our money back, if Iraqi democracy becomes the tipping point
that creates a free Middle East, it wil have been worth it. Short of that,
it's a wash at best.