I'm proposing how I would make a decision were I a resident of New
Orleans.  I am suggesting that someone STAY and get involved in
solving the problem.  I am suggesting that if change is impossible,
you would be a fool to stay any longer.

Essentially, that you shouldn't comlain about the problem unless you
are willing to do something to fix it.  And if it's not fixable, that
you should get out of denial and get out of a dangerous and inevitable
position.

Taken out of context, "you think people should get out of New Orleans"
is NOT the same thing.  It's like you saying "women should get out of
abusive relationships" and me coming back and rephasing it - saying
"Dana thinks all women should leave their husbands".

-Cameron