> tBone wrote:
> I think things are bad, but I'm not going to be an alarmist and start
> tossing around the word fascist.  I've been to islamo-fascist nations.  I've
> been to former communist nations that might as well have retained the name.
> Things are bad, but there is still a political remedy.

Here's the worry (deserved or not) - people elect fascists.  The
beauty about America is that we have a system to prevent unlimited
power.  My biggest problem with this administration is that it's
slowly dismantling that system.

For example, we just learned that Bush has unilaterally added
disclaimers to over 750 laws that he's signed that says he can ignore
the law if he wants.  Of course then there's the torture thing,
wiretapping, etc, etc.  It's clear this President despises checks on
his power and is actively taking steps to eliminate them.

History has seen this behaviour before and it's resulted in dictators.
 That likely won't happen here, but Bush has decided to travel down
that same road.

I'm looking forward to a recession of presidential power.