I sometimes have nightmares from my youth of an angry old german man
with no teeth yelling "Pass! Pass!" in my face.

He was my coach's grandfather, and he used to get so mad he would run
out on the field during play to yell.

My most spectacular goal was a backward bicycle kick for a goal.

My favorite goal was a header. I drove the ball downfield, passed it
to the right to the forward, and he passed it back head-high. Seconds
earlier I had broken my glasses (and my nose), and since I am so
blind, the ball was the size of a hippity-hop as it came into view.
The header was the easiest thing ever with a ball that looked that
big.

My most memorable moment was seconds before when I broke my glasses. I
was playing sweeper, and stopped a huge shot on goal with my face, and
then took the ball all the way down field at full sprint (I couldn't
see anything at first, between the lack of glasses and the blood, so
didn't know who to pass it to.)

Then I quit and played football.