Yea, it sounds funny, but here's the story:

My wife and I got married in St. Lucia back in '04, we got the marriage
license and all that crap while we were on the island, got married by an
"official" (don't know what they call them there, JP, whatever).

My father-in-law called my wife yesterday, and got her all worried that
since she didn't get married in the states, she isn't really married.
Says that the marriage isn't recognized here.  He got this hair across
his ass after hearing about some woman who got married in the Bahamas,
but had to go to a JP to have the marriage recognized here.  Anyone ever
heard of this?  She Googled for an hour last night and didn't find any
answers.

I told her not to worry about it, and it's actually a bonus in case
things didn't work, we had an "out".  She didn't think it was as funny
as I did.  =)
--
~~~ Ray Champagne :: [EMAIL PROTECTED] ~~~