> gMoney wrote:
> You sound like W prior to the Iraq invasion. Are you saying there is no room
> for planning? No importance on going ahead properly? That any plan, even a
> bad one, is better than none?

I'm saying that we need to be solution oriented with all of these
policy issues.  In this case I understand your objection, I have the
same one.  However neither of us have a better idea.

So let's say that someone decided to lead.  They'd put together a team
of experts to study the problem, do an options analysis, and choose a
direction.  If that direction included paying people to get high, and
you still didn't have a better solution, then it's time to follow; or
at least get out of the way.

In this case, we've already got a bad plan, so what's the worst case
scenario in trying to contain and treat?  There's no improvement.

So, yes, you plan and you come up with an idea.  I've done that in a
small way and you oppose it, but you have no better idea.  When people
act this way in the business world they usually find themselves
"pursing other opportunities."