The federal government under the Bush admin tried to get Stephen John
Jordi, a white guy, sentenced for terrorism but the judge refused.
These guys in Miami were trying to work with al Qaeda, which made it
international.
If the Palestinian guy was working on his own he wouldn't be
considered a terrorist according to Judge James Cohn.