> Nick wrote:
> I don't think the split in the two branches makes any real difference.

Then you think wrong.  It's a historical fact: when the same party
controls the Presidency and Congress, spending skyrockets.  When it
doesn't spending drops.  It's exactly what happened during the Clinton
years.

Further you get a check on presidential power which I think we
despartely need right now.  During the Clinton years Congress spent
$400 Million investigating him which resulted in zero indictments.

Some might say it was a waste of money, but it sure kept a check on
power.  And the money was a blip compared to the pork spending
happening now.

If the Democrats get controll of Congress in November you see 2 things
happen immediately:

1.) Huge congressional investigations will turn up all kinds of abuses
of power.  (there's already convictions without them!)

2.) Bush will veto his first spending bills.  Because they'll be
Democrat spending bills.