At 12:10 AM 1/31/02, Tom Forbes wrote:

>I will reveal my sources if enough people seem to be interested and can
>read a financial sheet. In the mean time, compare stock performance charts
>of MACR and MS.

I usually see more intelligent financial advice from people named Forbes.

Comparing MACR and MS is an exercise in futility.  The performance of
Microsoft stock has little or nothing to with their web development tools,
and no market analyst worth their salt would consider a comparsion between
the two firms fiscally useless.  If you want to do comparisons, compare
MACR against the moving average or view the charts with Bollingers, or EMA,
or any of the other market indicators, and you will find that MACR is much
in line with all the major trends in the market for the last year.  I am a
stockholder, btw,  I've been very pleased with my ROI, and I buy more stock
every time it drops below 20.  I have a great deal of confidence in this
stock long term, and just as an FYI, I have never lost money on any stock
I've bought, and the current ROI on my technology portfolio is at 46%
growth over the last 4 years, so I think I can read a financial statement
just fine.

I also have a great deal of confidence in MACR as a company.   We have
banked a great deal of our corporate strategy on the continued enhancement
and use of the MACR toolset, and we don't make those decisions lightly.

>Well, per Mr. Dnowitz's request, we are now all corralled into the correct
>forum. But guess what - it doesn't make the news any better - it just
>limits the number of programmers that can, USING THEIR OWN WISDOM AND
>KNOWLEDGE, will glean any knowledge and possible fore warning.

This forum was created because the programmers didn't want off-topic
discussions in with the technical talk.  If you can't follow simple rules
about what is appropriate for each forum, don't blame the moderator.