I've been critical of Israel. That's critical. I've also heard people saying
that Israel has no right to exist, that's beyond critical. If you listen to
some of the rhetoric used by those who are 'anti-Israel' and it's not
critical against a country, it's rhetoric against a people...people who
happen to be Jews.
Saying Israel is an apartheid state is not only completely false but an
attack on who they are pointing to as the apartheid people, the Jews. Are
they saying the Israeli Arabs are part of an apartheid state? No. They are
referring to the Jews. Are they saying that ALL Israelis are Nazis? No. Just
the Jews. When they are saying Israel should be destroyed, who are they
referring to? Bedouins? Israeli Arabs? Nope. Jews.
Israel is a country with more than just one people but the rhetoric is
always against only part of Israel, the Jewish part. So yes, much of the
Anti-Israel rhetoric is really just a thin layer over Anti-Jewish.
But test it out yourself. Ask yourself if the rhetoric your hearing applies
to Israeli Arabs? If not....