It doesn't move from car to car, but I have an Acura with Nav built
into the dash.  Accepts voice commands fairly well, and has fairly up
to date maps.  You can buy update DVDs to stick into the brain unit in
the trunk every two years.  The audio directions are good and the
visual cues are very helpfull.  Occasionally it sends me a bit out of
the way, but it never really has sent me to the wrong spot.

Hey - you did say no budget constraints!

-Cameron