> Dino wrote:
> It's missionary work so chances are at least part of it is going to try and
> convert me

As I understand it (I debate with Catholics all of the time), there
are 2 types of Catholics: those that believe in actively talkin' 'bout
Jesus, and those that believe in "works" - by which they mean do good
stuff and eventually people will ask you 'bout Jesus.

So the candy could be to support the good kind - those that help build
schools, roads, etc hoping people will ask them why they're doing it.

Personally I'm not an atheist, mostly because it's so blatantly
obvious that God designed everything.  You don't need to look any
farther than your worst nightmare, the banana, to see that.