  From: Nick McClure
  To: CF-Community
  Sent: Wednesday, February 06, 2002 4:13 PM
  Subject: RE: Religious argument in the US... Why?

  Which to me is a flaw. So when you say "our temporal understandings
are
  irrelevant", please speak for your self.

  To me my "temporal understandings" are relevant, for to believe, or
even
  trust something, there has be something tangible I can use, A book of
  stories, (meaning no  disrespect here), is not good enough for me.

  To say that God lives out side of the Universe is fine, but I want to
know
  and understand where that is, what that is and where it came from. To
say
  it is just there and mere mortals cannot understand it is not giving
people
  the credit they deserve.

  You may be scared to try to understand it, afraid of what it may prove
or
  disprove. You may not care to understand it, you have better things to
do.
  But never say that man cannot understand things. At some time we will
  eventually learn to understand everything. That may be a sad time, or
  happy time, but it could soon come.

  At 02:01 PM 2/6/2002 -0800, you wrote:
  >The problem with this question is that outside of this universe,
there is
  >no "from." God, as the Bible teaches, and I believe most if not all
other
  >religions, is an eternal being. This means no beginning nor an end.
  >
  >If God created the universe, he must exist outside of it. Outside of
the
  >universe, must be a place where our temporal understandings are
irrelevant.

  >What we know about God and eternity, in comparison to the reality, is
but
  >a thimble of water in the oceans of the world.
  >
  >It is fruitless to try and fully comprehend the full nature of God
with
  >such limited knowledge. There is no way for us, with our relatively
  >limited ability, to comprehend God or eternity.
  >
  >The universe is a place of time and space. We know it has a definite
  >beginning. That is has operated by the same rules of physics and
chemistry
  >for billions of years, and from our limited perspective this will
never
  >change. But God is outside of all that. It is a totally different
reality
  >from what we can understand.
  >
  >All of this, of course, departs from what we can know empirically.
All we