Gruss Gott wrote:
>>Rick wrote:
>>Kerry's problem is that he can't connect with Americans.  Bush does.
>
> Can't disagree with you there although I would say that Kerry does
> connect with me.  I find him to be thoughtful and articulate in person
> but he does have the usual corral of ridiculous faux principled
> positions which tick me off.

Well, and for what it's worth, Bush doesn't connect at all with me
either - but Kerry is too stiff for the American public.

That's why I was behind John Edwards in the early going during the
primaries last time around.  A smooth, elegant southern gentleman type
of speaker, a great political "stump" man.  very much in the tradition
of Bill Clinton, Edwards was very likeable.

Of course, he rarely could be bothered to vote in the senate, and his
immediate jump to the presidential race so shortly after being elected
to the senate alienated even his home state of North Carolina.   Too
many people around here simply don't realize how USEFUL it can be to a
state to have a local in the white house.  Oh well.  NC always votes
republican in the presidential elections.

rick