> gMoney wrote:
> How do you see a change coming in Iraq when the executors of the war all
> remain in place?

Because Congress now has investigative and subpoena power as well
"political capital".  Worst case scenario, if the President resists,
they impeach him.

> So congress will issues some strong statements against the war....Bush will
> smirk and continue unabated. I still don't see change.

As sure as I am that gas prices are about to rise, I'm sure there's
going to be change in Iraq policy.

> To that end, I really believe that last night's vote was a
> reproach to the rise in social conservatism and religious indoctrination in
> this country.

I don't think so.  The Democrats that won were anti-abortion social
conservative democrats.  I think what the country said is this, "we're
still stuck up prudes, but we're not Amish."