On 12/17/06, Dana <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> hmm, I don't *think* I'm a street urchin. But I racked up a huge tab
> in parking tickets hanging out in the UNM area, so I have been giving

You gotta know where the spots are.  Silver is a pretty street, and not
far from "the strip".  Maybe they're cracking down on that stuff now tho...
The Frontier, around back, was always a fav...

> the system another chance. Going in by Rapid Ride is actually quite
> pleasant and works well. Not in my opinion worth what the city paid
> for it, but...

After talking with various people throughout my life about public transit,
I've come to the conclusion that it's a pretty touchy subject.  Apparently
it's hard to make any money doing it?  Wish people would realize that
being able to get to work using it is a "good thing", money maker or no.

> On the other hand, by the time I walk up to Central Avenue I've
> usually missed the last Rapid Ride and when I take the regular bus I
> usually miss the last Wyoming bus too. I've a rather bleak place to be
> stranded, so I am thinking.... distance education. Montoya. Like that.
> Maybe even moving to a real city. Bah.

And thus, the problem.  Crappy routes and times.  Only central for most
the time, if it's still the same as it twas.

My gal went to Montoya for a while...  twas sallright.  Real city? Um...
what, Denver?  I hear they've got pretty good PT... the Max, wot wot. :)

That ain't 'burque.  You're not a lifer yet, eh?  Strange... immune?  The
Hum hasn't twisted your noodle's wavelengths, eh? ;-)

> not sure I understand the Smallville comments, but then, I don't watch
> it, so ::shrug::

Well, usually I'm all over shows like Smallville.  It conflicted with some
show the wife liked, & seemed drama-ie, and so I didn't fight for it.

Kinda talked down about it, but some episodes I've really enjoyed, so
I figured I'd give it some kudos.  It was exciting today-  I may borrow
the series, just for kicks.  I *do* love the superman story.

Back to work now tho, really.  Really really.