> JJ  wrote:
> How 'bout kick-the-can? Or flashlight tag?

We called it "ditch".  Basically you broke out into teams and one team
had to hide while the other team had to find and chase each person
down.  The team that lasted the longest won.

The funny part is we'd limit the boundaries to some section of the
neighborhood depending on team size and, basically, it involved hiding
in the neighbor's stuff and chasing kids at top speed yelling as loud
as can "HE'S OVER HERE!!"

Maybe I hang in the wrong neighborhoods now, but I just can't see
anybody tolerating that anymore.  On the weekends some parents would
sit out on the porches and watch us.

Course there was the one old guy (Old Man Swanson) that would actually
yell, "you kids stay off of my lawn".  I think someone egged his house
once.  Even the police (Officer Klink, yup, like HH) would round us up
and say, "you know the guy's nuts so please just avoid him.  If you
promise too I'll 'peel out' with the siren on".

And we would.