On 1/3/07, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> We called it "ditch".  Basically you broke out into teams and one team
> had to hide while the other team had to find and chase each person
> down.  The team that lasted the longest won.
>
> The funny part is we'd limit the boundaries to some section of the
> neighborhood depending on team size and, basically, it involved hiding
> in the neighbor's stuff and chasing kids at top speed yelling as loud
> as can "HE'S OVER HERE!!"

That's awesome. We would play neighborhood tag as well...the only rule was
you couldn't cross the street. But all front and back yards on the square
"block" were fair game. Made for a pretty good playing field (about 8 or 9
backyards that backed up to each other).

Any climbable tree was a safe "base", but you had to be all the way on the
first branch before getting tagged. Whomever was "it" just roamed the
neighborhood looking for victims.

Hours of fun. Awesome how creative kids can be....and that we used to be
able to do stuff like that. Like you said, these days, there are VERY few
neighborhoods where you could still do something like this.

--
Señores y señoras: Nosotros tenemos más influencia con sus hijos que tú
tienes, pero los queremos.