Well I never said I "need" the toys, rather I "need" the vehicle to haul
these toys that I choose to have. And you are right, there are trucks out
there that do not serve any other purpose other than to say "Look at me!. I
have a bling bling truck/suv that I do not need because I will never haul a
trailer or put anything in the back that might scratch it". Oh, and it helps
make the auto manufacturers richer because they are appealing to the vanity
of these folks, or making up for some sort of inadequacy.