wait a second. I need something like this. My office is in the basement.
Door and windows facing back of yard. So I have no idea about who comes to
the fron or side of house. SOMETIMES I here someone come to the door if they
stomp loud enough on the front porch. I have missed deliveries before
because I didnt hear the doorbell.

But Im confused.

What works and what do I need? In, sort of, laymen's terms?
I can program, but I'm crap at setting up VCRs and DVD players ... :)

Something relatively inexpensive that I can logon to from the outside and
see what is going on....