> I know it works. I just can't believe he's claiming we can't people's
> guilt without a doubt because of this.

Not at all, all I am saying is that memory is fallible. What we seem to
remember may not have anything to do with reality. To give you an idea I was
part of a study on false memories. After students saw video of a car crash
involving a green and a blue car, about 5 minutes later, supposedly as another
student I mentioned that the red car was hit pretty hard. Later when questioned
about the video, over a third of the students said that the accident involved a
red and blue car. The Lost in the Mall study is even more damning. There the
confederates were family members. the result was that the subjects
reconstructed very detailed memories of an event that never happened.

So how valuable is eye witness testimony?