Larger companies that have IT people can do that, small companies that don't
rely on the support provided by the vendor. Because they don't have to go
out and find somebody else to support a product.

Most companies support their own products, so they expect the people that
developed the products that they are using the support them.

End users and small business make up a large part of computer users, they
want something simple, one source for applications and support. My mom isn't
going to know where to go to search and find info on various errors.

You call the number on the box, or the website and somebody tells you to do
this, that is what MOST people want.