>  RoMunn wrote:
> because it fits the dogma of a set of leftist
> organizations that humans are responsible for all of the ills that befall
> the planet.

I would say what Gel said: there's a HUGE correlation between CO2 and
global temp over thousands of years.  Statistically that's a
millennial trend; pretty strong evidence.  However, correlation
doesn't equal causation and therefore we just can't be sure if CO2 is,
in part, in whole, or not at all responsible for GW.  The evidence is
strong, but not conclusive.

My point all along has been that *IF* the correlation does turn out to
be causal and we don't start doing something about it now, it's going
to get pretty terrible on Earth.

Because the risk is so large and there's a millennial correlation, I'd
say that's enough to act.  Immediately.

That's not lefty, it's just good judgement.  However I agree with you
that that really isn't the argument most of the chicken little's are
making.