I inherited a Flash app that ... well, never mind. I've been given permission
to start from scratch, but to meet an institutional objective, this one does
need to be put in some sort of functionality first. I guess it's not wasted
effort if I am learning what to do and not do from it.

So I am mano e mano with the script now and what I am wondering is this -- if
there is code whereby an object does something (a button takes you to the next
slide for example) would OO not imply that this code should be on the layer
where the object is? In Actions maybe? Right now it's about 30 pages of script
in its own layer. Is there a reason to do this that I have not yet understood?