> Randy wrote:
> My wife and I are booking our trip to Hawaii and we are looking at the
> various hotels.

I was there last march and stayed at the Hilton Waikaloa on the Big
Island.  For islands, that's my recomendation as it's got everything:
mountains, beaches, gardens, luxury, adventure, etc.

The Hilton is a huge property which, normally, would turn me off.  We
stayed there because we got free points.  It's great and if you're
staying there let me know and I suggest some alternative.

If you want to go Lux on the big island I recommend the 4 seasons or,
better imo, the Hapuna Beach Prince especially if you want beach.  One
of the best in the world they say and, having been there, I'd agree.
It's a great property with vast open air areas.  Really top notch.