I was watching the US vs. Lennon recently and was appalled by a quote
from G. Gordon Liddy.
In reference to the Kent State shooting in the spring of 1970.
Paraphrasing he said something along the lines of

The National Guard were 19 year old kids in a volatile situation.  What
did you expect.

Wow, I kind of expected trained military personnel to act in a
disciplined manner using no more force than necessary and to only use
deadly force when the situation required such an extreme response.   So
if this is the level of expectation from our trained military, what
would be the level of expectation from aa armed Trained? civilian?