> I want a Galil sniper rifle.  It is a sexy beast that would be nice ti fire
> on a long rifle range.  I also miss my Colt .45.  It can't be resored, so
> I am having it melted down.  I might buy a new one, more likely I'll get a
> Glock now.

Russell, the Galil isn't a sniper rifle; it's a derivative of the Kalashnikov,
not the Dragunov.  (BTW, I was fotunate enough to meet Israeli Galil a couple
of years before he died.  He designed a lot of improvements into the Galil, and
that spindly-looking bipod wasn't so spindly.  He demonstrated its strength by
hopping up and down on the gun while the bipod was supporting it.)

> I would also like a GE minigun for those days I have to brave New Orleans
> traffic.
> That is a weapons system, so it should be restricted from sale to the public.

Why do you call this a weapons system, and then make "system" the reason why it
shouldn't be privately owned?  Is it a system because it has a power module, a
magazine module, a feed chute, an ejection chute, a delinker, a drive module,
etc?  Is there something about the delinker or the feed chute you think should
prevent it from being privately owned?

Do you know how many miniguns are in the hands of private American citizens
today?  Many dozens that I personally know of, and perhaps hundreds.  Some
people own multiple miniguns and have them mounted in dual or quad setups
they've built themselves.  They are *very* expensive to both acquire and shoot
(about $700.00 a minute at full speed, if you were letting it just run, which
you shouldn't, but you get the idea), and not one of them has ever been used in
the commission of a crime.

You just need an ATF Form 4 waiver processed through the normal channels, the
$200 application fee, fingerprints in duplicate, mug shots in duplicate, and
about 90 to 120 days of waiting while the ATF diligently checks with all local,
state, federal, and international police agencies for anything at all that
would make them want to say "No."  If that isn't enough background checking for
a private citizen to go through for the ownership of a fully automatic weapon,
then I don't know what is.

Respectfully,

Adam Phillip Churvis
Certified Advanced ColdFusion MX 7 Developer
BlueDragon Alliance Founding Committee

Get advanced intensive Master-level training in
C# & ASP.NET 2.0 for ColdFusion Developers at
ProductivityEnhancement.com