> Dana wrote:
> how?

I think that's already been addressed, but one way is that it now
means that every single government document could be requested in
NewLanguage which would, by itself, would cost billions.

As for making anyone who comes to the US learn english, yeah, they
should, because:

1.) It's the official language of the United States,
2.) It's the unofficial language of global business, and
3.) It shows a willingness to integrate.

As examples I have  friend who's parents emigrated in the 60s from
Poland.  They all speak fluent polish, but they also speak english.  I
also have dutch friends who emigrated in the late 90s; they speak
fluent Dutch, German, French, as well as english.  (but that's first
the Dutch school system and second, them).

The point is, if you want to live in the US, then learn english.  If
you don't/won't then the US shouldn't accept them as citizens.