Yeah, its like the Statue of Liberty says: "Give us your tired, your poor,
your english speaking huddled masses".....

Do I think immigrants should learn english? Hell yes, for their own good if
they want to succeed here. But in no way do I think we should somehow try to
tie that in as a mandate for acceptance into our country.

Question: Do we currently have federally funded centers where recent
immigrants can go to help learn the language for free? I think that would be
a worthy program for all immigrants, and would remove any real excuse for a
recent immigrant to NOT learn english.