It was Bush Sr's opinion that it would have ended like the situation we have
now. He was convinced that the alliance he had built would not support an
invasion of Baghdad. It would have fallen apart, leaving the US on it's
own...just like today.

I for one agree with him.

--
Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy.