On 5/17/07, Sam <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> On the face of it, there was little of interest in former Deputy
> Attorney General Comey's testimony before the Senate Judiciary
> Committee yesterday. No wrongdoing was alleged against AG Gonzalez or
> any Administration official, and the matters discussed occurred well
> before Gonzalez was even nominated for the AG post. However, there is
> an aspect that deserves to be emphasized--or, rather, there is more to
> the context than appears in the testimony.

This is what bugs me about rhetoric that's been coming from the right
lately: "No wrong doing alleged".

We heard this throughout the Libby fiasco too. They seem to think if nothing
is criminally PROVABLE, then nothing is worth investigating or even
discussing.

What they tried to do to Ashcroft was WRONG, plain and simple.

--
Withdrawal in disgust is not the same as apathy.