One thing I've never understood about upscaling is why you'd want it.
I mean, most monitors already do this for you automatically.  Plus,
upscaling a dvd from SD to HD would be similar to taking a 640x480 jpg
and resizing it to 1024x768.  No matter what algorithm you use, it's
never as good as having a 1024x768 picture to begin with.  You're
essentially creating pixels from a best guess situation.