Well - this was nice, but disappointing.

+) Apparently Macrovision licensing won't allow upscaling of DVDs over
insecure links.  So no DVD upscaling of "protected" content (in other words
pretty much all content) over component, only HDMI.  (As an aside my
upscaling IO-Data DVD player recently required a firmware patch to remove
upscaling under threat of legal action - so this isn't Sony's fault.)

+) Media Extender works about as well as Xbox 360's, which means not very
well.  Pictures work great, music okay and it won't play any video I own.
The music is actually a little weird (it seems to insert extra folders) and
I can only browse via the "playlists" listing, not the "music" listing but
it does work.

+) Remote play over the net is probably useless overall but it's definitely
useless right now: it won't work at all until the next firmware for the PSP
is out at the end of the month.

I've not tried the upscaling of PS2 games, but I was never upset by their
quality to begin with.  The new photo show stuff is nice but meaningless
(still, it's nice that they're continually extending it).

Once I get a real 1080p-capable TV with HDMI a lot of this stuff will be
GREAT.  Right now, for me, it's really just bullet points.

Jim Davis