On 5/24/07, Gruss Gott <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I don't know how I can be more clear for you beyond saying this:
>
> I am not saying it's racist, I am saying that it could be perceived as
> racist just as Imus' comment was perceived as racist.

Then tell me HOW it can be perceived as racist and apply that to the
original article.

> I am further pointing out that both Imus AND Rush have claimed they
> are NOT racist and their repeating of these possibly racist items is
> not indicative of their prejudice nor do they claim to be racist.

> Lastly I'm saying that in one case society, as represented by
> broadcasting and advertising companies, claimed that JUST THE REPITION
> OF THE WORDS was not in society's best interest and that, therefore,
> the repeator (Imus), should be silenced.

Imus wasn't repeating anything. Nobody else, that I know of, called
those girls nappy headed ho's. It was all him.

> So the logical question is:
>
> Was Imus unfairly censured or was Rush given a pass?

Two totally unrelated events. Nothing for Rush to get a pass on.
Reading (or singing) an article from the LA Times, which nobody
complained about, is not offensive.

I think this thread died yesterday or a week ago.