if that guy had shadow copy I can guarantee that it would "not work."
He spent hours telling me, the other distance ed geek and the helpdesk
guys about computers he had in Mississippi in 1980 something that
would not work. I had to shout at him to get him to be quiet long
enough to hear that this was not a problem that was solvable by me in
the year 2007.

But he would not listen either, because, after all, he has been doing
stuff with computers since 1984. Except that if you listen to him he
is also saying that none of them worked. We occasionally do home
visits but in this case we decided not -- he is way out there and
frankly I refuse to be alone anywhere with this guy.

Anyway. We've told him we think he needs to take a computer class
before he takes an online class, but we have actually had total
novices before. I walked over to the lab with someone last semester
and showed them a scanner and how it worked. The difference is that
*that* person didn't tell me that I was wrong and the scanner was
actually broken, and in fact no scanners anywhere ever work.

::sigh::

I have a bunch of work to catch up on now....

Dana