1) Still have junk email folder
2) Safe senders list is empty, just have box checked to allow people from
contacts
3) Updates already installed, I'm up-to-date for xp and office 2003
4) Just disabled two mail rules to see if they have an affect. Will let you
know.

+) Make sure that you still see a "Junk E-mail" folder.  I remember mine
getting deleted somehow and causing a similar issue.

+) Check your "Safe Senders" list - sometimes you can wildcard in too much
mail (for example allowing mail from any ".com" domain).  Make sure your
list isn't too permissive.

+) Go to "Help" and choose "Check for Updates".  There have been many
updates to the junk mail filter - installing one might kick things back into
gear.

+) Check "Rules and Alerts" and make sure that there are no rules which can
cause problems.  Rules can move things around and such after the spam filter
has run.  Try disabling all rules and see if it helps - if it does reenable
them one at a time until you find the culprit.

Those are the obvious ones off the top of my head.

If you're still having trouble you might look through the solutions center:

http://support.microsoft.com/ph/2520/en-us/

The MS Newsgroups are also excellent places to try.  You can use them via a
(rather nice) web interface from here:

http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx

Hope this helps!

Jim Davis