That's my son - he doesn't trust me.  ;^)

Actually I had the swing kind of jury-rigged at the time - just threw the
chains over the supports.  It was snapping and popping as it moved and it
worried him.

I've since gotten good quality lag-eye bolts and some great springs and hung
it right (the springs really give it a nice comfortable bounce).

As an aside I got the swing itself and the springs from "porchswings.com"
and really loved their service.  The swinghad free shipping and only took
two days to get to me.  Surprisingly the two springs (ordered at the same
time but shipped separately) took an extra two days.

Jim Davis