> Dana wrote:
> Gruss, I don't think you and I are talking about the same kind of broke.

So your contention is that because I'm not poor anymore and think that
poor can be self-inflicted I never could have been?  Huh.  Well, I
disagree as  former poor loser.

My contention is that poor can be self-inflicted, as it was for me: I
chose to be dumb, drunk, and poor.

I'm no judge of when someone is mentally beyond the line of accepting
responsibility, but in my experience it's very few.

But you tell me: what percentage of people making below, say, $35k for
a family of 4 would you say are there because of circumstances beyond
their control?  100%?  50%?  What would you estimate and why?

My estimate is 20% because of the all the people I know - damn near
every one is first an alcoholic and second poor.  Or low class if
that's what we call below middle class but above poverty.

So 80% choose it and 20% have something beyond their control: health,
mental, etc.  BTW - moving is a choice.  If there ain't no jobs in the
woods move to the city.  That's what I did.