I don't have one... but isn't the WiFi icon visible when there's a network
in range not specifically when you're connected to it?  In other words might
they have still been dialed into EDGE for the demonstration even tho' there
was a WiFi network in range?

(In every device I've had the WiFi indicator either indicates that the WiFi
"card" is active or if a network is in range: none of them specifically
indicate that you're currently running on WiFi.)

Just a thought.

Jim Davis