The only thing that scans as potential BS to me is the "50% in three years"
statement... that _might_ (I've no evidence either way) that all we've done
is get slightly more realistic after being HUGELY out of whack.  Also why
pick 40 years as the comparison point?  Lastly there's the sticky question
of whether or not the amounts have been adjusted for inflation.

Like I said: I've no evidence of anything in either direction but when you
set your own boundaries you can often make nearly any comparison come out in
your favor.

Jim Davis