I think you have missed the point entirely, I am talking about log file
analysis, the configuration of IIS and its understanding of SES has got
nothing to do with how a third party app analyses its logs...

-----Original Message-----
From: Chesty Puller [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 12 July 2007 13:11
To: CF-Community
Subject: Re: IIS Log file analysis

What does "it will still process the last 18 months of log files just to
pull data for the last 24 hours" mean?    You can change how often a log
rolls over into a new log in the IIS manager.  An IIS  log will only contain

as much information as you configure it to contain.  There are selections
for rollover hourly, daily, weekly, monthly, unlimited, and by size.

IIS was not written to understand SES URLs.  If you want it to log SES URLs
based on the file that is being requested, write an ISAPI filter that sits
above the SES URL Rewriting ISAPI that you're already using that maintains
its own log.

Lastly, you can write queries against the log using Log Parser.
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=890cd06b-abf8-4c25-
91b2-f8d975cf8c07&displaylang=en

- Matt Small