I'm not advocating a neutral trade balance, I'm advocating NO TRADE.  Screw the
rest of the world.  I'm advocating 100% isolationism.  Screw the Monroe
Doctrine, Screw anything international.

Anyway, this won't work for a state as it lacks the appropriate geographic
expanse for isolationism to work and the Constitution currently bans secession

That exactly what I expect, but I also expect the rest of the world to be in
worse shape.  The US is the economic engine that drives the rest of the world.
Where would China be if we stopped buying thier stuff?