If I were to move and set up a consultancy or telecommute I would choose
southwest Georgia; probably Albany.  The countryside is nice, Albany is a
college town so the infrastructure is decent to good, it is accessible to some
excellent outdoor areas and it doesn't snow there often.  On the downside, it
is bloody hot in the summer.

I also like Albany because it is reasonably close to Talahassee and Columbus so
I could pick up work in either city.  It is also home to a Marine Corps base so
the nightlife isn't to boring.

The only big downside for me is I would be living north of US 190/90.  That
would make me a yankee ;)