On 7/24/07, Loathe wrote:
> I've been to NM several times.  My grandmother ran a half way house an AA
> clubhouse there for years.  I can't say I liked it.  Seemed like a very
> dirty small town with lots of crime.

It's an 'Orrible place!  Those that come, never leave- it's like a black hole.
We even secretly call it "the land of entrapment" (meaning you get trapped,
not people tricking you into coming ;).

> I mean, it took me forever just to find someone who could speak English in
> the Wal-Mart.

I'm not sure if that's a youthimism for "non whites", or you seriously mean
you couldn't communicate.  Lots of Spanish speakers, no doubt, but this
IS America.  Engrish is the language.  Not like my trip to San [Blank], in
Mexico.  Dos [shrimp] cine [tortilla] (LOL), please.  Yummy!!!
*
Dusty, sure, this /is/ High Desert- but not especially dirty.

I won't be sad to die here.  Plant me in the Mountain.  Woot! =]
(Assuming I meet my demise close enough, or am ashes)

> I honestly don't think I could do the SW, even the places in CA I've looked
> at are mainly more north.

You hippie!