Is the machine an eMachine? I had similar problems as well. At first I
thought it was the motherboard so I replaced it.
Low and behold it was the power supply! (learned that lesson quickly)

-----Original Message-----
From: Jim Davis [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, July 29, 2007 6:57 PM
To: CF-Community
Subject: My Server Lives!

I've been so busy I've not turned on my home development server for several
months.  I tried to boot it up last night and got nothing - fans ran but no
POST screen.

So I played, reseated cards, pulled the RAM, etc.  Gave up on it and went to
sleep.  This morning I pulled everything apart, put it back together and...
nothing.

The system is old - about 7 years.  It's a Dual P31000 with four hard disks
(RAID 1 mirrors) and 1.5 Gig of RAM.  It's an MS Virtual Server host - the
actual development servers are all VPCs.  So I wasn't too upset - I knew I
could get my VPC images off the drive and - if worse came to worst - run
them on any machine I liked.  But it was going to be a pain in the ass.

Finally - just because I had an extra - I tried a new Power Supply.  Viola!
Everything works perfectly again.

I'd still like to get a newer server eventually but I HATE being forced to
before I'm ready. ;^)

Jim Davis