> gMoney wrote:
> It sounds like Patraeus (which i'm sure I have misspelled) is finally the
> right guy for the job.

I think you have to break it up into 2 questions:

(1.) Can we secure Iraq from civil war such that they can take it for
better or worse?

(2.) How do we best fight Al Quaeda, be them in Iraq or elsewhere?

I think that we can secure Iraq, more or less, if the Op-ed is right.
However I think that the civil war can change any of that at any time.
 So, while I don't support a public pull out date, I think as matter
of policy we should have an agreement with the Iraqi gov't that we'll
get them to point  X, being a certain level of security and training
for them.  Beyond that, they are are on their own.

That would play into an Al Quaeda strategy which I think is best done
by first, special forces, and second by big armor.  Therefore the
Americans should be in a position to make those strikes no matter
where they may be needed worldwide.