> So in your opinion this administration is wasting its money telling
> kids to abstain from sex. Fine, but we're talking about Bush changing
> science. The abstinence only program is in addition to the safe sex
> program not instead of.

No what I'm saying is that abstinence only programs are not only useless but
may be worse than useless. They are a waste of money. The administration in
essence is giving money to their supporting religious fundamentalist groups and
trying to cloak such a giveaway in a veneer of respectability.

Behaviorally based programs that offer a variety of different methods,
including birth control, how to say no, abstinence, etc work. The research is
very clear about that. Just say no approaches like abstinence not only don't
work but some research does show that pregnancy rates were even higher for
girlfriends of boys who went through the programs than the controls.